Accurate timekeeping is a challenging but necessary task for businesses. Companies need to know when employees are absent to identify trends as well as remain compliant with federal leave laws. Without a centralized system, many employers have no idea if all of their employees came to work or not. Having an attendance system also allows businesses to process payroll in a timely manner, adhere to labor laws, calculate savings, and more.
COVID-19 has added a new layer of complexity to tracking absences as many businesses still have a fully or partially remote workforce. Having a mobile attendance system can help eliminate confusion and deliver a number of benefits. Some of the leading advantages of remote absence management technology include:
- Accurate and complete attendance hours. Without a mobile attendance system, employees have to call in anytime they need to take time off work. This often routes through their manager who then informs HR or via some other convoluted system. By having a streamlined absence tracking mobile app, employees can submit leave requests from their phones.
- Proof of regulatory compliance. Having an automated mobile solution for absence tracking allows businesses to show they comply with the numerous regulations that govern working hours and leave requests.
- Provides value to employees. Many businesses choose absence management systems that reduce costs or improve their bottom line. However, they should also keep their employees in mind when implementing new technology. Absence tracking mobile apps are self-service systems that remove the need for employees to contact HR or management about submitting leave requests. Many of these apps provide useful information to employees as well such as their accrued sick leave or remaining paid time off (PTO).
- Offers multiple channels to submit leave requests. The best absence tracking mobile apps offer multiple options for employees to submit leave requests to match their comfort level. Actec’s mobile app offers telephonic, text, chat, and mobile channels for submitting absence information.
- Identify absence trends. Without accurate absence tracking, businesses don’t have a clear picture of employee attendance. A mobile app provides clear data on absences and highlights trends such as absenteeism or frequent tardiness. The data can also show whether there is an absenteeism problem with an individual employee or a particular department. Knowing that information allows company leadership to choose the best approach to the problem.
COVID-19 forced many businesses to transition to a remote workforce. With little time to prepare, tracking absences and leave requests is more challenging than ever. Actec’s absence tracking mobile app is a simple, self-service tool that delivers absence notifications to a centralized location. Contact us to learn how we can help your business’ absence reporting needs.